Friday, January 24, 2014

beauty of mixes by mail

OK I  have touched on this before but heres a brief reminder

   Back in or abound 2007 or 2009 I join a group called the international mixtape project (IMP)
each month I get an email with a fellow mixmakers name and address I make them a mix and mail it off. Years ago I wondered if I was the only one still making CD mixes in the advent of the MP3.
  Was I some music geek obsessed with making mixes and wasting my time or a music fan who love this artform of turning folks on to cool music? Were there others like me?
My answer came when I joined IMP!
Yes there are others alike me..all around the world!Yes all around the world.
for about 3 years I had a small group of my own too but folks started dropping out left and right so I had to close up shop sort of speak but Im still going strong in IMP.
I have made a few friends and been turned onto lots of cool music.
I have sent mixes to the UK,Germany and Canada!
Membership to join is only $10.00 a year!
to find out more please check out
www.internationalmixtapeproject.com
tell Ryan Trish sent you!
Peace,love and Music
Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment